|View printer-friendly version|
2018 Sustainability Report Captures IFF Advancement “Toward a Circular Future”
Andreas Fibig, IFF Chairman and CEO, said: “The work that our employees have accomplished to ensure we continue to excel at our environmental goals is extraordinary. From our value chain to our leadership team, we have dedicated ourselves to creating a circular economy we can be proud of.”
Having surpassed its 2020 goals for greenhouse gas emissions (goal 25%, actual 33.8%), water (goal 50%, actual 68.2%) and hazardous waste (goal 25%, actual 42.1%) in 2017, the Company launched EcoEffective+ in 2018, which includes a science-based reduction target for greenhouse gas emissions, as its next generation of environmental goals.
Focusing on the platforms of Positive Principles, Sensational People and Regenerative Products, the report demonstrates IFF’s consistent progress with ambitious business and sustainability initiatives intended to create value for all its stakeholders.
Key highlights include:
- Named A list for CDP Climate Change for the fourth consecutive year; Earned “A” for Water Security for the first time
Listed on Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable U.S. Companies,
EuronextVigeo’s World 120 Index and FTSE4Good Developed Market Index
- Named a finalist in The Circulars, the world’s premier circular economy award program
- Announced company-wide Diversity & Inclusion vision and mission
- Piloted blockchain technology as a tool for ingredient traceability
- Achieved the industry’s first FairWild-certified flavor or fragrance ingredient commercially available, globally
Launched a patchouli initiative to support smallholder farmers in
Completed the Vetiver Together pilot program assisting 450 small-scale
vetiver farmers in southern
Haitito increase food security and income diversification while supporting women’s empowerment efforts and environmental conservation
“With the launch of EcoEffective+ last year, we embraced more robust
targets for emission reductions, zero waste to landfill and water
To read IFF’s 2018 Sustainability Report visit iff.com/sustain and use #SustainxIFF to follow the conversation on our social channels.
# # #
Head of Investor Relations and Communications & Divisional CFO, Scent