|View printer-friendly version|
IFF Publishes Sustainability Report with Long-Term Aspirational Goals to Reduce Carbon, Energy and Water Use and Waste by More Than 20 Percent by 2020
“I believe we are on the right path to create a lasting influence over
how we do business by keeping the Triple Bottom Line in the forefront of
our thinking,” said
The report describes the progress IFF has made in each of its four sustainability pillars, which are closely aligned with the Company’s long-term business strategy:
- Our Products: Creating innovative customer solutions
- Our Impact: Strengthening our eco-efficiency and community relationships
- Our Sources: Sourcing responsibly
- Our People: Engaging and inspiring our employees
“We continue to refine our strategy and embed sustainable business
practices throughout the organization,” said
The report includes detailed information about IFF’s 2012 sustainability performance, including:
- The continuing reduction of carbon emissions, waste, energy and water use.
- The introduction of Natural Ethics Vanilla™, which ensures the purchase of vanilla from farmers who adhere to strict sustainability guidelines.
- The formal adoption of green chemistry principles and green chemistry training.
- Doubled the number of IFF’s major suppliers registered with Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (SEDEX).
Expanded Health & Wellnessinitiatives such as the introduction of a new umbrella brand, FlavorFit™.
- The expansion of a pioneering olfactotherapy treatment program, which uses fragrance to help patients regain memories and speech ability after trauma or coma.
The report was prepared using the G3.1 guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the global standard for such reporting, and has obtained an Application Level Check of B+. Digital and downloadable versions of the full report and the GRI Content Index are available for viewing at the company’s web site at www.iff.com/company/sustainability.aspx.