|View printer-friendly version|
IFF Accelerates Actions to Mitigate Climate Change
After returning from the historic meetings in
In recent weeks, IFF set in motion the following:
To coincide with Energy Day at
COP21, IFF expressed its commitment to 100% renewable energy by joining RE100, a collaborative initiative of influential businesses committed to increase corporate demand for renewable energy. The initiative is led by The Climate Groupin partnership with CDP, as a part of the We Mean Business coalition.
In advance of the
COP21meetings, IFF announced that it joined the American Business Act on Climate Pledge. They joined with more than 140 companies from across the American economy that are demonstrating an ongoing commitment to climate action and voiced support for a strong outcome to the COP21 Parisclimate negotiations.
- During Pope Francis’s s visit to NYC, IFF signed the papal encyclical, “On Care for Our Common Home,” a case for Business Action on Climate Change.
IFF confirmed its support of the Ten Principles of the
UnitedNations Global Compact on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption with a letter of commitment to UN Secretary-General, H.E. Ki-moon. To further amplify this commitment, IFF worked with the WBCSD to pilot and help develop the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) compass. The compass explains how to apply the SDGs to business, offering tools and knowledge to embed sustainability into business strategy and measure and manage the results.
- IFF was recognized on the CDP Climate “A” List, as well as the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI) with a perfect score of 100 in disclosure and an A in performance for its strategies and actions to mitigate climate change. CDP is an international not-for-profit that holds the largest collection of self-reported climate change, water and forest-risk data and helps to drive sustainable economies.
These actions come on the heels of a series of sustainability accomplishments, including:
- Industry-leading membership in the Together for Sustainability sustainable sourcing initiative
- For Life social responsibility certification for Turkish Rose, Patchouli, Basil, and Vetiver
- Meeting and surpassing its initial 2020 water reduction goal of 25 % and resetting its goal to 50% by 2020
- Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Certification for multiple facilities
- Installing the industry’s largest solar array
- Receiving LEED Silver certification for its Indonesia Flavors plant
Mr. Fibig continued, “When it comes to sustainability, we won’t accept the status quo. This is why it is foundational to our Vision 2020 business strategy, and why we are committed to embedding sustainability throughout our business practices and our corporate culture.”
For more information on IFF’s sustainability initiatives, see the Company’s 2014 Sustainability Report.
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
Michael DeVeau, 212-708-7164
VP, Global Corporate Communications & Investor Relations